Sunday, February 28, 2010

a fast week

This week flew by. I went to the gym almost everyday (6) and tried to shed some pounds but was still disappointed with the scale. So i am seeking a protein meal replacement shake that is safe while breastfeeding.
I worked at Monte Vista on Saturday, a great young reggae band from my old High School played and partied their with their fans. Good Times, good times.
I also hung out with an old buddy from HS. I have been drinking a bit, getting ready for the homies to come into town. I wonder what we will be cooking or where we will be. I know we had a ski trip in mind, but thats outta the question because Dave broke his wrist snowboarding. So maybe just friends food and more good times.
I am thinking I am gonna make abig casserole and salad while they are here. Plus Dave wants to cook really good New Mexican food for our Oregon friends. I can't wait to see the babies and kiddos!
So this week, we made food based on the CSA box that we get at the pickup store (or the Farm). The fruit we got this week was delicious! And good for our bodies.

Monday_Veggie Rigatoni with eggplant, zuchini, red peppers and mozzerella.

Tuesday_Lightly Breaded Chicken with sauted brocoli, peppers, eggplant.

Wed_Slow Cooked Pinto Beans, Spanish Whole Wheat Rice with cumin, garlic, onions, celery, tomatoes, red bells. topped with sharp cheese and avocado. YUMMM...

Thursday_Leftovers

Friday_Pork Chops with Mashed Papas and Corn

Saturday_Red Chile with Tofu, Fried Potatoes, Eggs, Refried Beans

Sunday_Whole Wheat Strawberry Pancakes with Honey, Peanut Butter and Greek Yogurt.


This past week I made some trail mixes and oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. I also made some dips for the delicious carrots and cucumbers that picked up. I need to go pick up some t shirts for my friends kids...or spend it at the spa. Birthday month is starting!!!

1 comment: